Saturday, April 2, 2011

Fat-Free Banana Loaf

I made this Banana Loaf for the first time today and it's delicious. No protein powder in this recipe like with a lot of my baking but it still has protein, low sugar, a good amount of fiber and a calorie count we can all afford!

  
The ingredients
Ingredients

Wet:
3 egg whites (I used actual egg whites, not the jug kind)
3 ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 cup applesauce (I used one of the individual sized sugar-free cups)
12 packets Stevia (or 1/2c Splenda)(You cold use honey or agave but it would change the nutrition)

Dry:
2 cups oat flour (I use Bob's Red Mill, I have a ton of stuff I bake with from this brand)
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 teaspoon sea salt

  • Preheat the oven to 325 degrees 
  • In a medium bowl, beat the egg whites and add the remaining wet ingredients - mix thoroughly
  • In another bowl mix all of the dry ingredients
  • Lightly blend all of the ingredients together and pour the mixture into a loaf pan
  • Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out dry (mine took 45 minutes in my new oven!)
  • Let the loaf stand in the pan for 10 minutes, then slice into 8 thick slices and serve

 
Fresh out of the oven
My yummy thick slice
Nutrition: (per each thick slice)
Calories: 137 cals
Fiber: 6 g
Sugars: 6.2 g
Protein: 4.7 g

2 comments:

  1. I def want to try this!! Also, have you ever tried making your own oat flour?? I do all of the time when I make the carrot cake protein bars and they turn out great! I just put a little more than I need in my blender (magic bullet) and then I blend until its a flour consistancy. I am not sure if it makes a big difference if its made or store bought? I should make larger batches of oat flour since I use it weekly!

    ReplyDelete

  2. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Health Home, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Health Home via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete