Wednesday, March 30, 2011

A Day in My Life...

People often ask me about my gym routine and what I eat on a typical day, so here's a look into a day in my life...

I don't eat a lot before I hit the gym because typically I get up and head straight there which doesn't leave me enough time to digest a full meal. I do always have a little something though to give me some energy to rock my workout!!

My Wednesday Gym Session

Cardio
  • 10 minutes on the elliptical (I do this first because it gives me a good warm-up and I'm sweating after just 10 minutes!)
  • 15 minutes on the stepmill (The ultimate machine if you want to sweat a TON)
  • 15 minutes of intervals on the treadmill (Alternating between sprints and walking on an incline)
Weight Training - Shoulders and Biceps
  • EZ Bar cable curls (4 sets of 10 with 35 lbs)
  • Barbell curls (4 sets of 12 with 40 lbs)
  • Dumbbell curls (4 sets of 10 with 20 lbs)
  • Assisted chin-ups (4 sets of 10 with 40 lbs resistance)
  • Barbell overhead press (4 sets of 15 with 40 lbs)
  • Lateral raises with dumbbells (4 sets of 12 with 10 lbs)
  • Dumbbell shoulder press (4 sets of 12 with 25 lbs)
  • Upright rows with a kettlebell (4 sets of 15 with 35lbs)

What I Fed My Body Today

Breakfast
Small Gala apple
Guarana pill (this is my substitute for coffee since I can't stand the stuff!)

Post-Workout
Protein shake (Tropical punch protein powder with water)

Lunch
Whole grain tortilla with 4 oz grilled chicken and 2 tbsp salsa
Banana
Mixed nuts

Afternoon Snack
Greek Yogurt
Orange
Almonds & a low-fat string cheese

Dinner
My scallops & rice
4 oz Sea scallops & brown rice                        
Asparagus
Banana

Evening Snack
1/2 cup cottage cheese
1 tbsp natural peanut butter

If you have any questions about any of these foods I eat & why I eat them or any of my workout feel free to ask!

3 comments:

  1. I love this idea Ashley. I'll look forward to reading! My first official question: What brand of protein powder do you use/where do you order or buy from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good question! I will blog about that tonight :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Miss!:) Awesome Idea. I look forward to reading more posts!!!:)

    ReplyDelete