Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Ezekiel Bread




I’m introducing you to one of my favorite healthier alternatives right now; Ezekiel bread made by Food For Life. This bread is made from freshly sprouted organically grown grains and has lots of nutrients. Ezekiel bread is rich in protein, vitamins, minerals, fiber and has no added fat.  It is made with wheat, barley, beans, lentils, millet and spelt. NO flour! These grains and legumes together form a complete protein. In fact, the protein quality is so high, that it is 84.3% as efficient as the highest recognized source of protein, containing all 9 essential amino acids. There are 18 amino acids present in this bread! What else could you want in a piece of bread?

If you’re feeling a little dangerous try the Cinnamon Raisin bread.  All of these breads come frozen so I just throw 1 or 2 slices of the Cinnamon Raisin in the microwave for about 40 seconds and thaw it and eat it dry. It’s a quick last minute breakfast and easy to eat white you’re driving. This morning I had 2 slices of this and a protein shake. There are lots of things you could do with it (try a slice of the plain bread with a tbsp of almond butter).

I typically shop at Kroger and Whole Foods, both of which have these 2 breads as well as several other products by Food For Life. They make English muffins, cereal, tortillas, buns even pasta.  They have gluten free products as well. Check out their website http://www.foodforlife.com/. If you have any special ways you like to eat your Ezekiel Bread please do share!

3 comments:

  1. since you mentioned almond butter... do you drink almond milk? i noticed on Jamie Eason's page that she only drinks almond milk but im nervous to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom bought almond milk and I really like the taste of it! I love skim milk so I did not mind the taste of almond milk.

    ReplyDelete

  3. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Health Home, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Health Home via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete